Motorola Defy MB525 Unlocked Cellphone with Android OS 2.2, 5MP Camera, Wi-Fi and GPS No Warranty - Black
- Android-powered smartphone with 3.7-inch Gorilla glass touchscreen and MOTOBLUR social networking
- 5-megapixel camera/camcorder; Wi-Fi networking and tethering; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD memory expansion; music and video player; FM radio
- Up to 8 hours of talk time, up to 432 hours (18 days) of standby time; released in November, 2010
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide
The Motorola DEFY weighs 4.2 ounces and measures 4.21 x 2.3 x 0.52 inches. Its 1540 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 8 hours of talk time, and up to 432 hours (18 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as 3G network
My only complaint about the phone is that Motorola, the vendor, or whoever is selling these phones does not include the information about setting up the APN even if that meant consumers had to contact their service providers for these settings! It was a very simple "fix" in the end, but we went through lot of unnecessary run-around to discover it.
Ok first off I am too impress with this phone not to leave a review. This is my second day with it and I havnt put it down yet. Its fast...real fast I love that! The design is sleek, the screen is big and its very comfortable in my hands! I love that the camera i have taken some extremly nice pics even in the pitch dark!The most important feature on a phone to me is the camera and this is a extremly good camera for $160! Even when its pitch dark I got awesome pics. The flash works! The sound from the phone is great and I havnt found anything to complain about I am really happy with this phone. a friend of mine purchased it for me from amazon and it arrived ontime as well!
I can stream movies from the free movie sites and watch online while im mobile, thats a first for me and here in the bahamas the edge sucks! So beleive me...this phone is fast!
Compared to my LG Optimus Me the only thing that would of made this phone more awesome is if i can turn my EDGE on and off as desired. This was a neat feature with my Optimus Me just having to pull down the notification bar and tapping to turn on/off the Edge. Also its not a big problem but sometimes I wish the phone had at least two hard keys like. These are minor things though and I still wouldnt trade my Defy MB525 for anything :D
UPDATE** DEC 17 2012
I forgot to mention that even thought the box and the description of this phone said that it comes with a 2g SD card...it doesn't! I saw that some others mentioned that in their review and just thought I should let you know that too. This was not a big deal to me. I already had a SD card in my Optimus so I just put it in my Defy when i changed the SIM...
Someone also said that the APN has to be set that is true also. I thought all APN's on what ever unlocked phone you purchase would have to be set if your not buying it from your service provider...Any Way It took me like two hours to figure out how to set it KML! Which was really dumb of me considering how easy it was! (im not sure if it was in the manual I didnt read it lol) Any way setting up the manual was simple. All you had to do was
1.go to settings
2.go to wireless & network settings
3. tap mobile networks
4. tap 'Access Point Names'
5. instead of being dumb like me and tapping the screen for the longest and holding it down for minutes and minutes and wondering why its not responding............................just press the first soft key at the bottom on the left side of your phone (not sure what its called the one with the 4 little boxes)
6. Then tap 'New APN'
7. Set a 'Name'
8. Set a 'APN' if you dont know your service provider APN call them and get it from them, SIMPLE!.
9. leave everything else as it is press the go back button and you will be prompt to save.
****UPDATE** Decemeber 31 2012
I recently found out how to turn the edge on and off. What you have to do is:
1. Go to settings
2. Tap on 'Data Manager'
3. Tap on 'Data Delivery'
4. Uncheck the box next to 'Data Enabled'
That should do it. It works but with my LG Optimus Me it was easier just pullng down the notification bar to Enable and Disable. But any hows.....this will have to do.